Get in and Get Fit
About Power Up @ Big Shark
Power Up @ Big Shark is an indoor cycling training facility where cyclists of all abilities are welcome. Our clients range in ability from individuals learning how to shift their bikes for the first time to world-class cyclist preparing for National and International competition. Using state-of-the-art Computrainer technology, our full-time, professional coaching staff guides each athlete through their own personalized workout based on their fitness, experience, and cycling goals.
“Power Up @ Big Shark is proud to bring the Power Up proprietary training system to St. Louis. Our professional coaching staff is dedicated to helping you achieve your cycling goals. Whether you are training for your very first cycling event or your tenth Ironman, we can help you get there in the best shape possible.”
Jim Schneider, Head Coach:
- Junior National Team Road Coach 1990
- 3 National Champions
- 6 top five finishes at US National Championships
- 8 riders on US National Team
- 3 riders on Jr. Worlds Team 1991
Bennett Fallow, Manager Coach:
Power Up Services:
Daily Cycling Classes
Each Power Up class is one hour of focused, coach supervised, quality training using metrics such as power, heart rate, and cadence to track your progress and ensure you are making the most efficient use of your training time. You will ride your own bike on our state-of-the-art Computrainers while your coach directs you through a workout and course specifically selected for you.
Performance Camps and Packages
Custom designed packages of our services geared to get you ready for the coming cycling season or for your next big event. These 6 week camps include a combination of our services specifically tailored to deliver measurable results. Contact email@example.com to enroll. Each Camp is $400 (Normally $600) unless otherwise noted.
Outdoor Clinics: If you reserve 4 of the skills/outside of studio clinics- you will only be billed for 3.
Camps and Skills Clinics ($50 per Session):
- 2/12- Power and Speed Camp Begins
- 3/26- Race Ready Camp Begins
- 4/2- Vino Fondo Preparation Camp Begins
- 4/7- Skills Clinic Series- Transitions
- 4/14- Skills Clinic Series- Pacelin
- 4/21- Skills Clinic Series- Cornering
- 4/28- Skills Clinic Series- Climbing
- 4/29-Summer Hours Begin
- 5/5- Skills Clinic Series- Descending
- 7/14- Tour de France Event
- 7/16- Gateway Cup Performance Camp Begins
- 8/13- Pedal the Cause Preparation Camp Begins
- 8/19- Skills Clinic Series- Fall Climbing Clinic
- 9/9- Gravel Riding Clinic - Indoor Session
- 9/16- Gravel Riding Clinic- Outdoor Session
- 9/24- Fall Fitness Class
- 9/29- Mountain Bike Clinic Series- Session 1
- 10/1- Winter Hours Begin
- 10/6- Mountain Bike Cinic Series- Session 2
- 10/6- Free Off Season Training Clinic
- 10/13- Mountain Bike Clinic Series- Session 3
- 11/2- Strength and Endurance Camp Begin
Personal Coaching Packages
Want to take your performance to the next level! Let out professional coaches design a complete training program specifically geared to you and your cycling goals. Our programs include:
- Year-round, progressive training plan
- personalized power/heart rate training
- regular coaching feedback on training and performance progress
- race consultation
We offer multiple levels of coaching. Please contact us for more information.
Lactate Threshold Testing
Using a lactate analyzer, we will evaluate your current level of aerobic and anaerobic fitness. Each test is followed by a consultation and discussion of the results including our recommended training zones and areas on which you should focus. This test is more specific than a simple power test and provides more detailed information.
The Power Up Training Center opened inside of our Big Shark West location in 2013. Combining personalized coaches and individualized classroom workouts, Power Up offers a very unique and refreshing environment for athletes of any level.